HLAA Colorado Springs Chapter (HLAA-CS) is the local chapter of the national non-profit Hearing Loss Association of America (HLAA), a 501(c)(3) charitable organization. Our mission is to open the world of communication to people with hearing loss through information, education, support and advocacy, and, to make hearing loss an issue of national concern.
Want to Connect and Chat
Others with Hearing Loss?
And, NO MASKS Required?
Attend our FREE Zoom Virtual Meetings
Zoom Tips for Virtual Meetings
If you are new to Zoom, here is a short captioned video to help you get started
Colorado Meetings this Month
Thursday, March 11th;
Saturday, March 13th, and
Saturday, March 20th
An HLAA Colorado springs ADA Community Forum;
Hearing Loss and Cognitive Decline;
Emergency Preparedness for People with Hearing Loss
Click here to read more
Chapter Meetings Offer
Free parking, Refreshments, Hearing Loop, Assistive Listening Devices (ALDs), and CART (live captioning)
The HLAA Colorado Springs Chapter is a Proud Supporter ot "Let's Loop Colorado!"
Let’s Loop Colorado! is dedicated to increasing the hearing accessibility of Colorado residents and visitors alike to hear clearly by advocating for quality installation of hearing loops in a variety of public and private places across the state.
HLAA-CS has gone
Meetings are free and open to the public. Membership is not required to attend. Regardless of the degree of your hearing loss - or even if you have no hearing loss at all - you, family, friends, co-workers, and professionals are all welcome. Watch for announcements of meetings.
You are not on our newsletter list???
Quick! - email us at HLAAColoradoSprings@outlook.com
Due to COVID-19, in-person Chapter meetings and Socials are on hold. But, be sure to join us for our periodic virtual on-line meetings and social hour!
You can still enjoy the benefits listed below even though it is a Virtual Meeting!
** INCLEMENT WEATHER??
Not Rain, not Snow, not Sleet, not Hail,
nor Slippery Roads Will Stop top VIRTUAL Meetings! Join Us!
Be sure you are on our mailing list:
HLAA Colorado Springs Chapter Team
If you are interested in serving the Chapter as the Treasurer, or the Loop Colorado Chair, email HLAAColoradoSprings@outlook.com for more information
More About the HLAA Mission Statement
- We provide information on hearing loss, from technological and medical advances, to coping strategies
- We help you become an informed consumer to help you make the best decision on how to deal with hearing loss
- We provide you the tools for self help
- We have speakers who bring you the latest advances in hearing health
- Our primary purpose is to educate ourselves, hearing health care providers, industry, government and others about hearing loss
- We sensitize the general population about the special needs of people who have hearing loss
- We promote understanding of the nature, causes, complications, and remedies for hearing loss.
- We demonstrate many assistive-listening devices (ALDs) that enable you to hear better in challenging listening environments
- We promote self-confidence and empower individuals with skills to improve their lives and to participate fully and successfully in society
- We provide an opportunity for affiliation among people who share the common challenges of living with hearing loss in order to decrease the risk for isolation and depression
- We provide an opportunity for social fellowship and activities in hearing-friendly locations
- We advocate for communication accessibility in the community and at the government level for people with hearing loss
News From National
Download and/or Order HLAA Materials
and Promotional Items!! Click here
and Promotional Items!! Click here
Sign Up for HLAA's FREE e-News Delivered to Your Inbox
Hearing Life e-News is delivered to 24,000 subscribers, twice per month. Hearing Life e-News keeps readers up to date on the latest news and information on hearing loss. Each issue features high-interest content such as recent legislation and advocacy efforts, technology, new products for hearing loss, human interest stories, webinars, updates on the Walk4Hearing, Convention and information on HLAA Chapter happenings. Click here.
HLAA reports on what's happening nationwide to improve accessible communication for people with hearing loss and HLAA's involvement with legislative issues. Read more in HLAA's Newsroom!